How do you tune out, chill-ax, let the weight off your shoulders and live a stress free life?
Juggling work – life balance, family (kids mainly!), work commitments and the hum-drum of every day life can take its toll.
Do you pour a glass of wine or crack open a stubby straight after work? Do you hit the couch, watch the TV after a long and stressful day? Ongoing stress can be dangerous, causing mental and physical issues. People can lose connection with the outside world – become depressed and suffer anxiety problems. Headaches, poor eating, interrupted sleep and total exhaustion are just some of a unfortunate ripple effects of stress.
So how do we prevent or address ‘STRESS’?
1. Take a break. A short trip away to a beach house in Phillip Island can do wonders! Escape the ‘rat race’ and move away from routine.
2. Take a long walk along the beach. Get up early while others are still sleeping and take a casual stroll along Silverleaves beach. Soak up the serenity and the calming sounds the morning coastline.
3. Take a morning skinny-dip! Yes, take a walk down the quiet beach, strip those clothes off and jump in! You’ll be surprised at how refreshed and at ease you’ll feel.
4. Eat healthy. Clean eating fresh foods starting from the breaky onwards will provide you with sustained energy, relax the mind and body and set you up for a positive day. Forget the greasy fry-ups and sugarry pastries. Whip up a health smoothie – pop coconut water, banana, berries, nuts, silver beet and in a blender and drink it up smiling. Naturally, nutritiously, deliciously happy!
5. Learn to breathe. Slow down your breathing. Inhale and exhale slowly. Deep controlled breaths will be your new de-stresser tool. Sit quietly on the Silverleaves beach and breathe. Relax the mind – relax the body and find your focus.
6. Stretch. Take a towel or exercise mat from the beach house in Phillip Island and spend 20-30 minutes stretching each day. Lie on your back and gently stretch the lower back and extremities. Hopefully the sun is shining and all you can hear is the birds and the gentle lapping of the waves.
7. And, most importantly, stay positive! Think about all the wonderful things in your life right now. Your family & friends, your hobbies, or the awesome beach house that you’re currently staying at! Be grateful and thankful and more positivity will come your way!